Welcome to the beginning of open communications!

 I've been considering running for public office for a couple of years.  Taking into account the availability of my time, since I am a solopreneur and don't plan on closing my business any time soon, I had to look for opportunities to serve part-time.  The township clerk or treasurer positions are full-time. I had first considered the school board, but only leadership positions were up for reelection this cycle.  Then I saw that the our county commissioner ran unopposed last election.  I looked into the responsibilities and time commitment necessary and find this to be a good fit for me.

Just what does the county commissioners decide and how does it affect us in District #1?  That was my question. After living here for 40+ years I can honestly tell you that I do not know how any of their decisions affected myself and my neighbors.  So, it's my goal to find out by becoming YOUR commissioner and sharing those insights here.  

I want to meet with as many of you as possible in the coming months and years to get your input.  I will be looking at local businesses with meeting space for us to gather.  I'm open to gathering in your homes to share with you my ideas and listen to your concerns.  

Please vote Aug. 6th Primary election and Nov.5 General election.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GT County Special Meeting Thursday June 13, 6-10PM (click on read more for proper formating)

The Traverse City Ticker interview.