About the Candidate:

I was born & raised in the suburbs of Detroit. Married in 1978, moved north in 1980 to a family home in Thompsonville. We moved to Frankfort, that is were we were when our son was born in 1982. We bought my current home in Traverse City (Chum's Corners) in 1984 and divorced in 1987. As a single mom I was on public assistance as I began college at NMC full-time on the Pell Grant and worked part-time. My major was Business Administration - accounting emphasis. Eager to get off public assistance I began full-time work at Meijer while I was pursing my dream of having my own business. For the past 30+ years I've been helping others to achieve their business goals. 

I never thought of myself as a political activist but have never been shy about speaking up for the right thing. I opposed the location of the adult book store, the location of the full nude strip club and most recently the location of a tire & tow yard, all in Blair Township. 

When the 2016 presidential election ordered a recount and major Dem districts failed to be recounted because of clerical errors, I wondered how that was possible and looked into election workers. I've been an election worker on the receiving board since 2018. 

When I saw a young woman from Grand Rapids starting "Voters Not Politician's" I was eager to learn and teach voters about gerrymandering. Proud to say we were able to accomplish that goal. Michigan being a swing state we needed fair voting districts and the non-partisan commission to determine the districts, not politicians! 

Now I'm looking forward to putting my years of experience helping others to grow their businesses to work on the Board of Commissioners in Grand Traverse County.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GT County Special Meeting Thursday June 13, 6-10PM (click on read more for proper formating)

Welcome to the beginning of open communications!

The Traverse City Ticker interview.