Green Lake Township M-Dot Meeting - 6/18/2024

 I attended the second Public Meeting for the US-31 Rebuilding Project yesterday evening.  It was very informative, and a much needed project for District #1.  That's not to say it isn't without citizen concerns.  If you didn't get a chance to attend this meeting, please click here US-31 Rebuilding Project for the information and access to the public comment form to share your thoughts.  

I have two concerns, one of which the County Road Commission can address and that's the detour on Riley Road.  I first saw this road 45 years ago, my Grandparents-In-Law lived on the corner of Riley & Gonder.  It's always amazed me that this road keeps being patched as it continues to sink into the swamp.  I cannot image what 2 years worth of US-31 detour will do this this already fragile road.  I hope the GTCRC plans on rebuilding this road when the M-Dot rebuild project is completed.

Secondly, there will not be any pedestrian stop lights in the intersection.  I know in the summer months the students at the Interlochen Music Camp frequently walk across that intersection to Wendy's.  The M-Dot presentation described that crossing as pedestrians (children, many from foreign countries) to cross this busy intersection by dodging traffic and crossing between cars. In my mind I visualize an old children's video game called  "Frogger" .  I hope they come up with a safer way for pedestrians to cross.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GT County Special Meeting Thursday June 13, 6-10PM (click on read more for proper formating)

Welcome to the beginning of open communications!

The Traverse City Ticker interview.