Grand Traverse County Budget

 Nate Adler GT County Administrator explains the county budget.

Straight from Nate  (Facebook video)

I am a Democrat but I always describe myself as socially liberal and fiscally conservative.  I understand the importance and the great responsibility we as county commissioners (if elected) have with preserving the operations of county services for the citizens of Grand Traverse County and also that we do so without overspending.  Since deciding to run for commissioner I've seen a great deal of YOUR TAXPAYER DOLLARS being handed out, seemingly to anyone and everyone who simply asks for money.  Their ask often starts out with, "This isn't a money grab..." which it absolutely is! 

For me, I see a lot of wants being fulfilled beyond what the basic needs are.  Too many of us who live and work here have to manage our household and small business finances.  We don't have a golden goose to give us money simply by asking.   If elected I will be a staunch advocate and protector of your tax dollars and county services.  

I want to hear from YOU!  What county services do you use and are they adequate?  What county services do YOU think need more attention.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GT County Special Meeting Thursday June 13, 6-10PM (click on read more for proper formating)

Welcome to the beginning of open communications!

The Traverse City Ticker interview.