Coffee with the County - Green Lake Township - 8/26/24

Very interesting meeting today. I shared with the other commissioners that Nate Adler quoted $200M for the proposed new county services campus. The commissioners tell me we're nowhere near ready with the planning and design to talk costs yet.
I believe the residents of GT County are more concerned with the conditions of the roads than the comfort of county employees. Yes, facilitates need maintenance, but they function well now. I don't see where it's necessary to spend tax payer $'s for the comfort and convenience of county employees when our roads go neglected for decades!

Nate also said the County had the money for this project and that he wouldn't have to raise property taxes to fund it.  Then when I suggested we use that money to fix the roads first and put the county services campus on hold until the roads are repaired, he then said he would need a bond to pay for the campus.  Excuse me, isn't a bond increased property taxes?

Please see my post about the Facilities tour on May 22.  
https://electlindamaginity.blogspot.com/2024/05/boc-facility-tours-blair-ems-may-22-2024.html

I'm determined to find a way to fix our roads without further increasing property taxes.  It's time to roll up our sleeves and work within our budget.  All too often people come to the BOC hands outstretched and usually get approved for their requests.  Without a clear spending plan the BOC cannot function as the piggy bank for anyone who asks for more money.  We need to prioritize our projects, plan for the future and put a stop to excess spending!

Vote for me, Linda Maginity on November 5th. and I'll work to stretch your dollars and protect them from unnecessary spending.  As a single parent, small business owner and consultant that helps others to start businesses on a shoestring, I'll work to find a solution to fixing ALL our DAMNED roads!.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GT County Special Meeting Thursday June 13, 6-10PM (click on read more for proper formating)

Welcome to the beginning of open communications!

The Traverse City Ticker interview.